Thursday 8 March 2012

Promises of Heaven

What a promise - Heaven

I was sitting wondering about my next post. I thought about a few things and even started to write down some thoughts, but I couldn’t settle. So I scrapped the lot. I became still and as I did, I heard the words of Psalm 46:10 “Be still and know that I am God.” I was already fairly still so I thought on knowing God. My mind went to the book of Revelation and all the promises it contains. My heart immediately lifted – so I share some of them with you today.

All wars will cease – what a wonderful place to start. No more war. No more killing or maiming or bombs and rockets. No more orphans and widows left grieving the loss of loved ones on some foreign soil – perhaps not even knowing why they are there in the first place. All glory to God for no more wars.

How about this - no more disease. What a phenomenal prospect to have the terrible ravages of disease wiped away for ever. Aids – gone. Cancer – no more. Influenza – just a name in a history book. Oh hallelujah – thank you Lord.

God’s love will prevail and there will be no more hatred. No more fear. No more betrayal. No more father against son, mother against daughter, family against family. No more abuse, no more abortion, no more rape or incest or sexual perversion. Just God’s love pervading all that is and all that will come. Praise God in the very highest.

A new heaven and a new earth. Many say a return to Eden. The lion and the lamb together. I cannot even imagine a new heaven because I cannot fully grasp what the present one will be like. To spend eternity with the Lord, serving Him and everyone else. Not a service of servitude but a simple and pure service of joy unbounded. Thank you Father.

The prospect of no more pain and no more tears. To have Jesus wipe away all our tears, perhaps except tears of joy and laughter, and to no longer know pain. Oh the prospect of that – no more pain and tears – oh bless you Lord and Thank you.

Just perfect peace, the peace that “passes all understanding”, God’s peace will be ours for ever. What joy that will be – no more worry, no more fear, no more anxiety – just peace, perfect peace. All praise and Glory to God.

Amen – Come Lord Jesus. What a prospect for all our futures – this is just some of what it means to serve God and receive the crown of Glory for having run the race. Alternatively, Jesus returns and some of us won’t have to finish the race as our race will end when He returns in glory for His Bride – that’s us you know.

Praise God from whom all blessings flow,

Praise Him all creatures here below,

Praise Him above ye heavenly host,

Praise Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.

No comments:

Post a Comment