Thursday 22 March 2012

Fair Share 2

Proselytising or Evangelism

I spoke, in my blog yesterday, about a Youtube video by an entertainer called Penn Jillette. He is a confirmed atheist yet he was apparently deeply impacted by one of his audience one night giving him a Bible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhG-tkQ_Q2w

Two things immediately struck me about this clip. First it was the honesty of a man who totally believes there is no God, talking about proselytising or evangelism in a really positive way. Second, and most important, he delivered one of the most important questions to Christians that I have ever heard.

He said words very similar to this – I have changed it only for brevity – “If you really believe in heaven and hell and that we will go to one or the other if we don’t make the right choice, how much do you have to hate somebody NOT to proselytise them – tell them about Jesus. If a truck is about to run someone down, there comes a point when you have to warn them right?”

How much do we have to hate somebody to NOT tell them about Jesus?

Wow – that is just so powerful.

So I ask myself and I ask each one of you - How much do we have to hate somebody to NOT tell them about Jesus? Knowing they may well go to hell, how can we not warn them?

We will stand before the Lord one day to answer questions like that. How will we possibly answer?

No comments:

Post a Comment