Friday 17 February 2012

Greater Things

Greater Than These

There are moments in life when we simply stand and gawp at our own stupidity. “Why didn’t I realise that before now?” “Wha-a-a-a-t? I don’t believe he said that.” I am sure you know what I mean. I suppose you could call them “jaw dropping” moments. I am one of animated face, so I can only rarely disguise me feelings. So I have to be careful, even when reading, not to ‘over react’ when I see, read, or hear something ridiculous. Actually, my sense of humour is fairly ‘schoolboy’ – I cannot stop myself from sniggering when things happen. That’s when I wish I could control my face better.

So it is that when certain things happen, my jaw drops. Like when I was in Brussels, Belgium and I was called to minister to 150-odd people. “Wha-a-a-a-t? I don’t believe he said that.” Yet God was good and He was with me all through the 4 hours or so it took to work through them all.

I can imagine a few jaw dropping moments in Jesus ministry too. Like when He told the rich young man to sell all he had and give it to the poor. Like the man beside the pool at Bethesda receiving healing after 38 years. Like Bartemaeus receiving his sight. Like the crowd when the friends lowered the sick man through the roof to Jesus feet.

Elsewhere in the Bible too, when the Red Sea parted. When Elijah was taken up into heaven. Like Elijah at mount Carmel. Like at Jericho when the walls came down. The moments when jaws dropped in disbelief at what the people were seeing.

You know? I think the church is re-entering the ‘Jaw Dropping Age’ right now. Jesus said of His miracles that we would do greater things than these. I think this has already started in some parts of the world. Stories abound of missing or lost limbs re-growing; of vehicles passing through each other instead of crashing; of missing organs growing; of “Phillip Airlines” in operation, where someone is transported thousands of miles and back again in the twinkling of an eye; and many other similar events. I heard one amazing story of a prayer tower, built as part of a church and standing about 100 feet tall, survived a tornado when the remainder of the church and everything around it was torn to shreds and flattened. There were three praying ladies inside it at the moment of impact.

Truly jaw dropping experiences for all concerned. I personally know two people who have received incredible healings – jaw dropping healings you might say. I personally know at least three people raised from the dead – and another raised in the morgue cold room. Incredible testimonies, even for these jaw dropping times.

I look at all of them this way – how else can God grab the attention of non-believers other than by signs and wonders like these? Why else would He do these things if not to convince the non-believer of His reality and presence among us.

Our God is an awesome God
He reigns from heaven above
With wisdom, power and love
Our God is an awesome God

All these things will come to pass very soon now – I believe within 3 to 6 months.

3 comments:

  1. Hi there, I'm stopping by from the Campaign! We're both in the devotionals group, but I want to say it so encouraging to come across someone who still believes and witnesses true miracles! You can add me as #3 on your list of people who have received a miraculous healing :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rebekah, Thanks for your encouraging comments. we have been seeing miracles these past four years or so. Can you tell me your story too? I'd love to be able to encourage others with it if I may?

    Bless you
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to see you blog Campaign, Chris!

    ReplyDelete