Tuesday 28 February 2012

Taking the Land

Wherever you step

There are many promises written throughout the Word of God. Many of them we claim for ourselves as well. After all, the Word says that Jesus is the same yesterday, today, and for ever, so if He made promises then, surely we can claim some of them now.

One particular passage always encourages me. Joshua 1

“After the death of Moses the servant of the LORD, the LORD said to Joshua son of Nun, Moses’ aide: “Moses my servant is dead. Now then, you and all these people, get ready to cross the Jordan River into the land I am about to give to them—to the Israelites. I will give you every place where you set your foot, as I promised Moses. Your territory will extend from the desert to Lebanon, and from the great river, the Euphrates—all the Hittite country—to the Mediterranean Sea in the west. No one will be able to stand against you all the days of your life. As I was with Moses, so I will be with you; I will never leave you nor forsake you. Be strong and courageous, because you will lead these people to inherit the land I swore to their ancestors to give them. “Be strong and very courageous. Be careful to obey all the law my servant Moses gave you; do not turn from it to the right or to the left, that you may be successful wherever you go. Keep this Book of the Law always on your lips; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful. Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.”

There are two distinct conditional promises here for us to claim for ourselves, our lives, and or ministries

1 – If you “Enter your territory” - Then “I will give you Everywhere you place your foot”

So how do I interpret ‘enter your territory’? To me this is a step of faith; a step into the unknown; but not a step in the dark. At one time or another, we all feel called of God into something; to do something for His Kingdom. This is when God shows us the “territory” that He has mapped out for us. We have a choice to accept/believe the call or to reject it. If we reject it then the matter is closed for now, but, if we accept it, then we have to decide to somehow and some way step into the calling. So, when the opportunity presents itself and we feel the Holy Spirit nudging us towards it, that is when we take a deep breath and we take the plunge. We enter our territory.

Thats the first step and our part of the ‘bargain’. Now it’s God’s turn.

We pray for someone, or pray for healing, or give a word of encouragement, or a word of prophecy – and God ‘gives us the land’. He meets our step of faith with His Holy Spirit and things happen. A person is healed, or the prayer is otherwise answered. The prophecy proves to be totally correct – or ‘spot on’ as I have frequently heard it called.

2 - If you will “Be strong and very courageous” - Then “I will be with you wherever you go”

By being ‘strong and very courageous’ we are stepping out full of faith for the answer we are seeking – healing, deliverance, a ‘Rhema’ word for someone. I have heard someone say, “But I have no faith for my healing.” Only for them to hear the response, “You may not have but I have faith for both of us.” And then I have watched the person receive their healing miracle. That is being ‘strong and very courageous’

This is when the Lord fulfils His promise to be with us wherever we go by answering the prayer immediately. He demonstrates His power, His presence with us, and His faithfulness by answering the strong and courageous prayer of faith.

What amazing promises to us as we seek the Lord in these dark end-time days. What a moment in time to take His promises and call them in for ourselves so as to demonstrate God’s power and mercy.

1 Corinthians 2:1-5 And I, brethren, when I came to you, did not come with excellence of speech or of wisdom declaring to you the testimony of God. For I determined not to know anything among you except Jesus Christ and Him crucified. I was with you in weakness, in fear, and in much trembling. And my speech and my preaching were not with persuasive words of human wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power, that your faith should not be in the wisdom of men but in the power of God.”

That is our wonderful God.

No comments:

Post a Comment