Friday 10 February 2012

The Mind of Christ

More Encouragement

There are many encouraging scriptures that we use to exhort and encourage both ourselves and each other. Romans 8 is probably the most encouraging chapter in the whole Bible and it is my personal favourite section of scripture with verses 37-39 being my personal statement of faith – Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. (Rom 8:37-39 NKJV)

Yet this wonderful scripture is not the only one we can use to encourage ourselves. Listen to this for a moment. Romans 12:1-2 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service. And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.Living sacrifice – renewed mind – even the knowing God’s will for us. I find this an amazing truth which I have great difficulty in totally absorbing into my heart.

Being a living sacrifice, I can understand. Renewing my mind, or allowing God to do so, I can understand. Understanding that which is the good and acceptable and perfect will of God, I struggle with a little – but I can understand. Now get a hold of this. 1 Corinthians 2:16 “For “who has known the mind of the LORD that he may instruct Him?” But we have the mind of Christ.” The mind of Christ – that is mind blowing !! However, I believe the Word of God, so how can I doubt the truth of this. I cannot believe everything else and reject this one little bit. I either believe God’s Word or I don’t. I choose to believe it so – I must have ‘the Mind of Christ’.

What an encouraging thought, that we can be and have all of these things – being a living sacrifice; renewing our minds; knowing the perfect will of God; and having the mind of Christ. Remember, too, that these are only a small part of all that is promised us in God’s Word.

What an incredible God we serve.

1 comment:

  1. thanks Chris.....I was blessed and encouraged!!

    ReplyDelete