Saturday 18 February 2012

When we do the Right Things

If you will . . . . .

Whenever we pray for anything, we frequently quote scripture. More often than not the passage or verse that we quote is a reminder of one, or more, of God’s promises or prophecies to us. Whilst in healing there are some very definite promises, in any prophetic word, the promise comes with a caveat.

God’s promises always have a condition attached – if you will do this then I will do that. Or If I do this then you must do that. It’s like God’s contractual small print. His heavenly “terms and conditions”, or even His service “Price List”.

Lets first look at His healing promise - Exodus 15:26 “If you diligently heed the voice of the LORD your God and do what is right in His sight, give ear to His commandments and keep all His statutes, I will put none of the diseases on you which I have brought on the Egyptians. For I am the LORD who heals you.” Yet a little later He makes no mention of terms or conditions for in Psalm 103:1-3 He says Bless the Lord, O my soul; And all that is within me, bless His holy name! Bless the Lord, O my soul, And forget not all His benefits: Who forgives all your iniquities, Who heals all your diseases, Finally He says, in Isaiah 53:5 He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities; The chastisement for our peace was upon Him, And by His stripes we are healed. In this scripture we find that because Jesus suffered for us our promise is more of a statement of fact with no caveat for us to fulfil. Of course God wants to heal us – but that’s another story.

Let’s look at just three other very well known promises.

If we call, or cry out to the Lord – He will answer us AND He will increase our knowledge and understanding. Jeremiah 33:3 “Call to Me, and I will answer you, and show you great and mighty things, which you do not know.”

Again in Jeremiah we see that God will do good for us but in order to maintain that goodness towards us. we will still need to call on Him and pray to Him. Jeremiah 29:11-12 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon Me and go and pray to Me, and I will listen to you.

Finally, the most famous and most quoted promise of them all in 2 Chronicles 7:14 if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land. The promise and terms for its fulfillment are very clearly spelled out for us.

God never promises things for us regardless of our attitudes or actions. There is always a reciprocal activity for us to match God’s mercy and generosity with our right spirit and grateful hearts.

IF we will do this................ then He will do that...................

No comments:

Post a Comment