Thursday 2 August 2012

Kingdom Focus


Kingdom Focus

I think that if the church were to actually become Kingdom focussed then revival would be a way of life not just a special event. If we simply take our eyes off ourselves and our own circumstances and instead focussed upon God and His Kingdom then things would change exponentially. For a start, our agenda would not matter to us; in fact we wouldn’t even have an agenda.

Can you imagine so giving everything in your life to the Lord that nothing would matter any more except whatever God wanted for you that day?

I can

Can you imagine the freedom we would have in the Holy Spirit to demonstrate His power in the everyday lives of ourselves and all those around us?

I can

Can you imagine giving such freedom to Holy Spirit that He could move totally unfettered among us?

I can

Can you begin to imagine just walking through a hospital ward and everyone upon whom our shadow passed being totally healed?

I can

Can you imagine carrying the presence of God so strongly that men and women simply repent and cry out for mercy even in the street or supermarket?

I can

None of this is new. None of this is beyond our comprehension. None of this is too difficult for God.

None of this – get this one; let it take hold in you – none of this is beyond what was experienced in the New Testament and the first church.

Lord, let us be so Kingdom focussed that, as the songs say, “I fall to my knees so it’s You that they see, not I.” “Break my heart for what breaks yours.” And “Show me how to love like You’ve loved me.”

No comments:

Post a Comment