Thursday 9 August 2012

The Role of the Prophetic


Increasing Prophetic

Has anyone noticed the increase in the prophetic recently? I believe it is just one sign of the times that prophetic utterances are becoming a daily, if not an hourly, event. The Word says that prophets are answerable to prophets. As a stand alone statement, that sounds a bit like a closed shop so perhaps it is easier to sat that we must all use our God-given discernment when judging prophecy (1 Corinthians 14:29). This in turn makes the accuracy of prophecy to be of paramount importance.

I heard one very short prophecy yesterday - I hear the Lord saying:
There are things that have been hidden by the enemy. I am giving My vision to the Watchmen and the hidden things shall become visible !” – Tina Roach Ministries, Florida, USA. This is a great example of accurate prophecy but many who don’t like or even believe in prophecy will not receive that. Some prophets may even say that this is something they already know – but the church at large does not know it and really does need to hear it and take it on board. So, with the authors’ permission, I have reproduced it so that I can give what I believe the Lord to be saying about this word.

Just how will these “watchmen” “see” things that are hidden and reveal them? The Bible is very clear on the gifts of the Holy Spirit and, without going into all of them. I will just focus upon words of knowledge and discernment (1 Corinthians 12), and add a little bit about dreams and visions (Joel 2:28).

The Lord said to me that “Words of Knowledge will abound.” Words of Knowledge are, perhaps, the most amazing gifts. “In these coming days”, the Lord says, “I will give Words of Knowledge to My prophets, to be confirmed by at least two witnesses (other prophets or maybe those who do actually know these things)”.

Then the Lord said, “Discernment of My prophets will be sharpened.” When I asked about this, He said, “My prophets will hear a word and will know instantly whether or not it is from Me. This shall be their sign whether or not to give the word to the church or whether to keep it to themselves. There will be some words that I will actually call upon them to hold until I say to release. Prophets are subject to their brother or sister prophets and they will know and understand these things but my church also needs to be told – to be warned.”

Then the Lord spoke about this. “Dreams and visions shall increase and  My prophets shall bring many to the table. Visions are visions for the future, but dreams will be for the moment and many will receive revelation through dreams. Dreams that will scare and frighten many but which need to be given to those who have ears to hear. Share such dreams among the prophets and I will lead them into what they are to say to the church.

This revelation and expansion of another prophecy is given as confirmation for the whole church that they may begin to understand more and believe more about My watchmen – the prophets.

Then He said this to the watchmen, “Watchmen, My word speaks of a watchman and his duties. (Ezekiel 33) “You must remain vigilant and open to the revelations I will give to you. There are many hidden troubles coming to the world as the times of tribulation approaches and I will look to you to warn My people. Who else can I use but My prophets – this is the time they were told about. The time when their gifting would be needed by My people.

Let those with ears to hear . . . . .

2 comments:

  1. wow that is strange my son who is just 16 was walking on wednesday and he was praying in tounges most of the time and he said he got the words hidden things and he had felt a strange peace he is definatly hearing from God as he wrote a song that touched several peoples lives at our church
    we have an awesome God please pray for him

    ReplyDelete