Thursday 23 August 2012

Not My Will Lord but Yours



 
Today I was prompted to put out this statement on FaceBook.

I want to see a church where the lame walk, the deaf hear, the blind see, and the captives are freed. I want to see folk healed as they walk through our doors. I want to see the young drawn like a magnet to Jesus. Lord, send revival - please !!!”

When John was in prison, he sent to Jesus to ask if He was the expected Messiah or if there was another to follow Him. Jesus replied by telling the messengers to relate to John what they saw and heard happening in Jesus ministry. They told John that they saw the lame walk, the blind see, leprosy cured, the dead raised, and the good news preached to the poor. (Luke 7:22) I see the same thing happening in our churches today. I see the signs of revival all over the church here in the UK.

I see a church where the lame walk, out of their wheelchairs.
I see a church where the deaf hear, ears are unstopped.
I see a church where the blind see, eyes – even ‘dead’ eyes – are opened.
I see a church where the captives are freed. Drugs and alcohol beaten.
I see a church where the dead are raised
I see a church where the Good News of the Gospel is preached everywhere. In the street, factory and offices, homes, and church.

I see a church where folk are healed as they walk through our doors.
I see a church where the young drawn like a magnet to Jesus.

What am I seeing? I am seeing revival starting here in the UK.
Lord, complete the revival You have promised - please !!!

Even so, Lord, Your will be done - not ours.

No comments:

Post a Comment