Wednesday 29 August 2012

Thorns in our Flesh?



Thorns in our Flesh?

I have come across mighty men and women of God who seem to have permanent afflictions of one kind or another. This word started to come to me recently during service. I felt the Lord saying to the speaker that “No attack will slow you or stop you. Whenever you stand to speak or sing in My Name, so I will fill you with boundless supernatural energy and clarity.” When I asked further about whether this attack will go away at all i.e. is this their personal ‘thorn in the flesh’? I felt the Lord say, “It will only go away when they accept and receive My healing.”  It seems almost as though they have taken ownership of it – “I have this problem” rather than “I am under further attack from this problem.”  I asked if this was new and for now, and I felt He told me that “it has always been so because they have a hard time accepting My healing for themselves.”

I find it easy to bring healing to others yet I feel it almost impossible to believe that the same healing is available for me too. I find it so easy to accept God’s word for others, but I still find it difficult to accept His words for me. I am fine with prophecy – I have seen too much of it come true for myself. But healing is another story.  I have spoken healing over hundreds of people. I have witnessed the most incredible miracles of healing. Yet when it comes to me, I find it oh so hard.

Why can this be so?

“I am the healer not the healed?” No I don’t believe that at all. I may bring the healing but it is God who does it all – not me. Man oh man, it took me six months to receive my baptism in the Holy Spirit after I was prayed for. It takes me an equally long time to accept that God wants to do anything for me!

Why – because I probably have an impoverished view of myself. So do you! We do not consider ourselves worthy to receive God’s mercy and healing – and we are not worthy. BUT, in His great mercy and grace He extends the hands of love and mercy to us. If we can believe He does this for complete strangers who don’t necessarily even know Him, why would He withhold it from us? He loves all of us exactly the same and His healing is for ALL of us – if we will believe Him and accept His Word. God is our healer. By His stripes we are healed. He forgives all our sins and heals all our diseases.

ALL of us. “Lord I believe, Help thou mine unbelief.” Amen?

No comments:

Post a Comment