Saturday 20 October 2012

A Weekend Meditation



Psalm 139

Just for meditation upon the closeness and greatness of our loving Father

Psalm 139:1-16 “O Lord, you have searched me and you know me.
God knows everything – yes every single little thing – about us and about our ways.

You know when I sit and when I rise; 
He actually knows when we stand up or sit down.

You perceive my thoughts from afar.
He even knows our thoughts – what we are thinking.

You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways.
Everything we do is known, AND OF INTEREST, to God.

Before a word is on my tongue you know it completely, O Lord. 
Even down to knowing what we are going to say before we get a chance to say it!

You hem me in—behind and before; you have laid your hand upon me. 
His hand is upon us at all times.

Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, too lofty for me to attain.  
The understanding if this is beyond me but I accept that some things are for your knowledge alone.

Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence? 
Is there any place I can go where you are not present? Am I ever outside your reach and touch?

If I go up to the heavens, you are there; 
In heaven; among the stars

if I make my bed in the depths, you are there. 
In the ocean depths or the deepest caves.

If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there your hand will guide me; your right hand will hold me fast. 
There is nowhere in the known universe that your hand cannot reach me

If I say, “Surely the darkness will hide me and the light become night around me,” even the darkness will not be dark to you; the night will shine like the day, for darkness is as light to you. 
Even the darkest place I can find is no hiding place from You, Lord.

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. 
This how well you know me

I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; 
Made by You, Lord

Your works are wonderful, I know that full well. 
Everything You have made, Lord, is wonderful to me

My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth your eyes saw my unformed body.
You have known me since before I was even conceived.

All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.”
And every day of my life is numbered – every day is known to you.

And I praise you Lord. I worship you and thank you for my life, for even before I knew you, Lord, you had a plan for my life.

I worship you Lord. I worship only You.

No comments:

Post a Comment