Friday 19 October 2012

The Powerful Pull of God's Love



The Pull of God’s Love

Anyone else feel the pull of God today? I feel Him calling me, pulling me closer to His heart. I feel so close I can reach out and touch Him. I can hear His heart beat. I can feel His breathing and I can hear Him whispering of His love for me and for all those around me.

I just listened to “The Power of the Cross” sung by our Pastor, Chris Bowater. It is on You Tube You Tube Chris Bowater - The Power of The Cross - YouTube That song always gets to me. Chris Bowater has no real stage presence – he just stands and sings. All he brings to the microphone is his love of Christ. It flows out of him like a river. I look at him and I understand how “rivers of living water” can flow from my innermost being because I see it in my pastor.

We are also so blessed to have a leader who so reflects the image of Christ all the time.  We are so blessed to have a leader who is not afraid to be vulnerable; one who is unafraid of new kids on the block; who gives them their start in ministry.

I don’t know about any of you wonderful folk out there in the cyber space world aka FaceBook, but I want to be more like the man of God who is my leader. I know without any doubt that he wants to be more like Jesus. This is actually my real aim, to be more like Jesus. It’s just that some folk I know are further down that path than I am.  I want to die to self; to surrender my ego to Him; to carry my cross daily. I want such a relationship with Jesus that people notice that I carry His presence with me wherever I go – just like some of the wonderful saints of God I know.

I do not idolise them – they would be appalled by the very thought of that. I do not want their anointing, nor their responsibilities. I want my own relationship, like theirs, and I want to know Jesus more intimately. I want my own anointing and I want to know and stay in the will of the Lord God Almighty, my heavenly Father, whose plans for me are so perfect. I want to simply live in His presence 24/7 – the whole time. Every moment of every day is His. But I also know my own failings. I don’t accept them but I strive to improve on them every day.

Like I said at the beginning – does anyone else feel the pull of God on their life today? If you do, just say, like Samuel, “Here I am, speak Lord, I am listening.” Spend some moments in His company today. He will love just being with you and you will love it too.

Let Him pull you closer.

No comments:

Post a Comment