Friday 12 October 2012

Fears & Woes



Fears and Woes

There are moments when I feel just like Isaiah. Moments when I cry out, “Woe, woe, Woe” or even moments when I cry to the Lord, Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.” (Isaiah 6:5)  There are days when all I want to do is weep before the Lord for the lost, for myself or for my family.

Then come those wonderfully thrilling, almost mystic moments when “Then one of the seraphs flew to me with a live coal in his hand, which he had taken with tongs from the altar.  With it he touched my mouth and said, “See, this has touched your lips; your guilt is taken away and your sin atoned for.”  Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?” And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”  He said, “Go and tell this people: . . . Isaiah 6:6-9a

I look at the world, the state it is in, now and getting deeper, and I look at the lost who are going straight to hell if not apprehended and brought back to God’s sheepfold. That is when I want to save the world! Yet I am a mere human and as I listen further, the Lord, in His infinite mercy and wisdom, says, “You can only save those I put in front of you and even then only if they will listen.” Then He reminds me of who I am in Christ and what my authority in Him really is. That’s when I start to get excited for the future rather than apprehensive of it.

When I am feeling low or a bit fearful of the times or even just a bit lost in all that there is to do, that’s when the Lord reminds me of who I am in Him. That’s when He reminds me of who He is too. As was once said, “Don’t tell God how big your problem is – tell your problem how big your God is.” Then I can relax and concentrate on those He has led across my path and those whose path He has led me across.

Doesn’t that just make you feel better?

No comments:

Post a Comment