Monday 18 February 2013

Deluge



Deluge

One of my favourite Bible stories is that of Elijah at Mount Carmel. Three years prior, Elijah had called a drought. Then came his meeting with Obadiah followed by the rout of the prophets of Baal at Mount Carmel. Almost too much excitement for one day, yet God had not finished. There came a “cloud as big as a man’s hand”. This was enough for Elijah to tell the king to get off the mountain as quickly as possible and for Elijah to hook up his skirts and run ahead of the king’s chariot some 30-odd miles to Jezreel. Then the rain came. It poured and it teemed. It probably flooded huge swathes of land. But everyone was happy because, suddenly, there was water to drink. For the people and for all their flocks and herds.

Revival is very much like that. First there is a drought – usually of God. Then there is a “cloud as big as a mans hand”. Then there is a deluge of the Holy Spirit as God comes in might and power, with signs and wonders following, upon the thirsty people. This deluge lasts as long as the people allow it to do so. Did you get that last bit? It lasts as long as the people allow it to do so. Eventually, the people have had enough, they are no longer willing to pay the price, or they try to control what is happening. For whatever reason, God sees that He is no longer as welcome as He was and He withdraws His hand.

Too many people enter revival gladly and with great rejoicing, but their thirst for the things of God is soon assuaged and they grieve the Spirit in some way or another, and the revival peters out. Sad, but there you are. That is the church for you. Wanting revival on their terms and in their timing and even then trying to control God.

Listen to what I believe the Lord is saying today.

I have withheld the rain from your land for many years. I have sent my servants to prepare you for a time such as this, when My Spirit is preparing to move among you in great power and glory. The time is coming. very soon, when I will hold back the rain no longer – the rain of My Spirit shall come and water your dry and parched land. Men will run from place to place, drinking in as much of My water as they can each time they stop. The water will be a deluge never before seen. The power and glory it brings with it will astonish many – wherever it touches, so there will be miracles, signs and wonders. My Word says that all who call upon My name shall be saved. This is a promise of mine and I do not break my promises. ALL who call upon My name – A-L-L – ALL. I am coming in power and might and no thing shall stand against Me. The gates of Hell shall not prevail, neither shall the disobedience and obstinacy of My people. I shall come among you. I shall save whom I shall save. The ground is parched and ready. Many are prepared but some are still not ready – but I shall come.”  Says the Lord God of Hosts.”And you shall stand in awe and wonder before me and worship like David before the ark – with all your might. I am coming. I am coming.”

No comments:

Post a Comment