Sunday 17 February 2013

You ask me to Prophesy - A Prayer



You ask me to prophesy

You ask me to prophesy Lord, yet when I stand up, nothing is there. I walk slowly forward and still there is nothing. I am handed the mike and I look at the crowd of 200 or so expectant souls and still there is nothing. It is only when I start to speak that you fill my mouth with your words Lord.

It is only when I take that first step of faith that you fulfil your promise to me. Yes of course it’s a promise when you ask me to prophesy. It’s a promise that, because you have asked me Lord, I will not be left standing when I take you at your word and step out in faith. As I start to speak, then, and only then, you give me the words I am to say. I listen to myself speaking and I am amazed. You fulfil your promise to me every time you ask me to speak Lord.

Why do others find this so hard to grasp, Lord. Prophecy has to come from you Lord. I cannot just invent something to say just because someone asks for a word from you. Why do people look at me as though I have three eyes Lord. If they ask my gifting from you, and I tell them, then they seem to shrink away Lord. Is it fear? Is it the manifestation of the supernatural that causes them to shy away? Maybe it’s refusal to acknowledge some of the ways you work Lord. I don’t know.

Actually Lord, it doesn’t matter what others think Lord. What matters is that I am true to you and to your calling to me; your gifting to me through your Holy Spirit. All I want to do Lord, is to be and to stay in your will for me. Nothing else matters to me Lord. Please don’t withdraw your gift from me Lord. Rather, make me brave enough to fearlessly give your words whenever you prompt me to do so.

Use me Lord. Here I am Lord – use me. I will speak your words Lord. You have done so before – do so again. Let me encourage others too Lord. Cause those who you want to use Lord to come across my path. Let me encourage them too that they may be also use by you to spread
your words to a hungry world and a hungry church.

1 comment: