Sunday 10 February 2013

Healing Today?



Can Healing be Real?

Science is continually pouring scorn upon claims of supernatural healing from Christians. Everything must be explained away – even miracles – if necessary by questioning the capability of the medical staff involved. I prefer to believe the scripture that says, Revelation 12:11 “They overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony;”

How can people argue with testimony – apart from accusing us of lying or at least grossly exaggerating our story? Testimony is very hard, if not impossible, to refute. These days when so much medical evidence can be made available, how can people continue to argue? This is why, whenever we hear of any medical miracle, no-one should be offended if we ask for attested proof – x-rays, operation reports, practitioners case histories etc.

I saw a couple of good quotable quotes this morning.

John 14:12 “I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father.”

If you are a preacher who believes God stopped speaking after the canon of Scripture was finished, how do you know if you are called to preach?” – (Michael Fackerell from Australia)

My testimony is pretty strong and it is all medically documented and confirmed. Let me paraphrase that second quote – “If you believe that God ‘s miraculous healing was only for the first century church, why do you bother to pray for anyone to be healed? Why do you think that the Word of God says, in nearly all versions including the KJV, that God “forgives (present tense) ALL your sins and heals (present tense) ALL your diseases.” (‘Forgiveth’ and ‘healeth’ in the KJV). You see, God is the God of NOW, your yesterday, your today, and your tomorrow, He is the same God who said to the Israelites, “I am the Lord who heals you”/”Who healeth thee”KJV – all present tense.

As I say, my testimony is pretty convincing that God does still heal today. That His Holy Spirit does still speak today. I saw a man crippled in a motor bike accident healed – his leg grew 3 inches; his spine straightened; tinnitus was healed; double vision healed – the list is long and it was all confirmed by his hospital consultant.

I saw a baby on the verge of death due to badly developed heart and lungs healed with his vital organs renewed. That little boy is now a very robust 3 year old – full of energy and mischief.  I saw an 80 year old with ‘terminal’ cancer – given just 14 days to live – healed instantly. Up and ministering that same evening, prophesying and bringing healing to others. Three years later he is still going strong.

Can healing be real? Does it happen today? Does God really want to heal today? Oh yes – a resounding ‘yes’ to all three questions. I, and many others, have seen it time and again.

Stop your doubting – receive your healing – today !!

No comments:

Post a Comment