Thursday 23 May 2013

Don't Pass Us By, Lord



Don’t Pass Us By

Here is a cry from my heart – “Don’t pass us by Lord, don’t pass us by.” Here in the UK, there are two places of recognised Holy Spirit outpouring – Cwmbran in Wales, and in places around the Sussex area of central Southern England. The outpourings are marked by wonderful healings, many salvations, baptisms, and testimonies of all sorts. But I hear myself praying, “What about us, Lord? What about Sleaford?” I hear others with the same cry for their own town or area.

What we are all really praying is, “Don’t pass us by, Lord.” Let me ask you a simple enough question – Why would God do that? Why would He by-pass anyone who really yearned after Him?

Ah, I expect some are asking the next question – But are we really yearning after Him? Do we really want God to move in our communities as He is in Cwmbran and Sussex? If we do, then there is no reason under the sun why God would pass us by. It is surely still the delight of His heart to fulfil our hearts desires as we thirst after Him, His face, and His presence.

When we do seek His face and His presence, as His word says in Jeremiah 29:13 “And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart.

It seems to me that God’s only requirement is for those who love Him to seek Him with all their heart. These are they who will pay the real price of God making us His habitation and bringing revival to our town, city, or land.

I am willing – who will join with me to seek His face and His presence among us?

No comments:

Post a Comment