Sunday 28 July 2013

Provision thank you Lord



God our provider

Jehovah-Jireh, God our provider, what an amazing God. What amazing providence for His children. We have recently been going through the mill a little bit. We, particularly me, have been under all kinds of attack. It has been a time when our faith has been tested, put through the refiners fire as it were, and it has been vindicated by our wonderful loving heavenly Father.

I have never known times like these of late but my wife has. Her testimony includes times when, without God’s provision and plan for her life, she would have been in all sorts of problems. Consequently, she has seen God’s provision on a scale that I never have. Indeed I never even knew such provision was even possible. I have known times of hardship certainly, and looking back, I can see God’s hand all over my life, but I never truly realised where it all came from.

During the last three years however, and very specifically these past 6 months, I have been privileged to experience God’s provision at first hand, even down to the weekly and daily level. Money on our doormat, food on our doorstep, a wee job even “in retirement”, and just this week a spontaneous gift of provision. I have wept many tears these few months. Tears of fear and concern over basic needs, and tears of joy and gratitude over needs being met in unimaginable ways.

So, my faith has been built up and strengthened, and my knowledge of my heavenly Father has been multiplied exponentially. My precious wife has had the amazing satisfaction of “Told you so!!” LOL – I am not usually lost for words but this past week I have been lost in wonder, praise, thanks, and worship of my wonderful Saviour God.

So my advice to anyone in a bit of a corner right now is this. Just cling to God, hang on to Him. Don’t let anything distract you from Him. Just pray to God – He already knows your needs – trust Him and tell Him so too.. Focus on Him. Don’t focus on His hand but focus on Him for Himself – His face, His person, His presence, and His friendsgip and fellowship This is so important. If we focus on God, all other things work out for our good. “For we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.” Romans 8:28

 Then Psalm 33 will be our song. “Sing joyfully to the Lord, you righteous; it is fitting for the upright to praise him. Praise the Lord with the harp; make music to him on the ten-stringed lyre. Sing to him a new song; play skillfully, and shout for joy. For the word of the Lord is right and true; he is faithful in all he does. The Lord loves righteousness and justice; the earth is full of his unfailing love.”

Hallelujah, Thank you Lord \o/

No comments:

Post a Comment