Friday 26 July 2013

The Credibility Gap



The Credibility Gap

I don’t know about the rest of you, but I’ve been under attack lately – heavy, consistent, wearing attack. I usually welcome this as a sign that I am getting up the devils nose about something, but this wore me down more than usual. My problem has been that I believed the enemies lies for a short while and I paid the price. My poor wife paid a price too.

I did what is symptomatic of the whole church at the moment. I gave the enemy more credit than he deserved. We only need to glance around us to see many much more serious cases than mine. The easy gospel with no repentance; the get rich quick prosperity gospel; the politically correct movement; the replacement theology movement; gay rights, and many others. ALL grand, lying schemes of Satan to which the church in general has given far too much credibility.

I think it’s time to take some territory back and close this credibility gap.

Fortunately, the Lord has provided us with all the weapons we will ever need to fight Satan.
God has given us the armour and He has defined the enemy, Ephesians 6:10-18.
God has given us the authority - Jesus said, All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.” (Matthew 28:18)
In the Great Commission, (Mark 16:15-18), Jesus gave us some actions – healing the sick, casting out demons, binding and loosing spirits and captives (Matthew 18:18), and team-work (Luke 10).
He also gave us and taught us about Prayer (Matthew 6:9-13),
Prophecy (1 Corinthians 12 & 14), and Praise (1 Thessalonians 5:18). What to pray, how to pray – aka the Lords prayer (Matthew 6:9-13) -  and when to pray – at all times and in the Spirit (Ephesians 6:18)

You see, we have all the weapons we need. Jesus Christ has already won the victory at Calvary.

Close the credibility gap.

Sound the counter-attack.

Let’s GO !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment