Friday 5 July 2013

Revival in UK?



Is This It?

There is a tremendous move of God going on in Wales at the moment. It started April 12th 2013 and has gone on ever since. People like Roy Fields and Nathan Morris have visited and spoken and have seen for themselves the miracles and the passion down there. Once again, God has chosen the most unlikely to lead a demonstration of the power of His Holt Spirit as He has been moving sovereignly among all who have been there.

One has to ask, “Is this IT?” Is this the start of the much prophesied revival in Europe, maybe even the start of the so-called and world-wide “end time revival”? For myself, I am not sure. My trouble is that I reconcile these things using an earthly mind to balance matters of an eternal perspective. I expect it’s the same for most of us.

I read 1 Corinthians 2:1-5 “And I, brethren, when I came to you, did not come with excellence of speech or of wisdom declaring to you the testimony of God. For I determined not to know anything among you except Jesus Christ and Him crucified.  I was with you in weakness, in fear, and in much trembling.  And my speech and my preaching were not with persuasive words of human wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power,  that your faith should not be in the wisdom of men but in the power of God.” I read this and try to compare the events of Cwmbran with this passage. I find the comparison is almost favourable, but that is only my personal view.

I suppose I would like some stats that normally just aren’t available. Figures for those who have been to the meetings there virtually every night, or those who have travelled down more than twice. You see, I have seen many “revival junkies” – people who have a penchant for chasing anything like a move of God. They chase it for the ‘thrill’ of a spiritual high for themselves. They glean much from it but then they do nothing with what they gather.

I’ve got something to say to the revival junkies - Stop chasing rainbows – they are pretty but they serve no purpose. If this move in Cwmbran is to turn into true revival, then the people who go there need to try to take something of it back to their church, town, or city so as to help facilitate revival in their own back yard.

Yes, I believe this is the start of a really big move of God’s Spirit on the UK. Whether or not it spreads to Europe and beyond remains to be seen. Provided we do not try to control it or otherwise grieve Holy Spirit, then I think this really is an opportunity here in the UK.

WELL – this may very well be IT !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment