Saturday 6 July 2013

Yearning



Yearnings

Does your heart yearn for anything? What or where is your passion? As I approach “seniority”, I find I am far less passionate about those things that caught my imagination in yesteryear. Then my passions were idealistic probably to a naive degree. Now my passion is, or at least seems to me, to be far more down to earth. Then, my passion was for mankind. Now it is far more Kingdom focussed. Then I was like a doctor – I could tell you the remedy regardless of cost. Today, I am much more practical and pragmatic.

OK, I admit it, I have two passions today. First, number one, I am desperate for a move of God that pulls thousands of unsaved, or not yet Christians, into God’s Kingdom. I don’t care where they go to church – if they can go to church – I care about their eternal well-being. I suppose it has something to do with the fact that I am much nearer to my own final journey now, but I really want to save people from the disaster that is hell. Even if there is no move of God anywhere near me, then I am still desperate to see salvations and folk coming into the Kingdom. I love that verse in Romans 1:16 “For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God unto salvation for everyone who believes.”

My other real passion, number two, is for the lost, the hurt, the wounded, the bound – I want to set prisoners free to step into their salvation too. Was it Charles Studd who penned the words, “Some want to live within the sound of church or chapel bell; I want to run a rescue shop within a yard of hell.” I want this too. I want to see the saving power of the Gospel released into ordinary folks lives.

I suppose my ‘twin’ passions are really one and the same thing, because there’s another caveat I want to add to number one. I have a really intense yearning to see my own family saved. I know, I know – many of us feel the same. I also know that God promised me my children’s salvation years ago. But I am getting increasingly aware of two things. First, my own proximity to heaven. Second, I believe we are in the end times and time itself is very short. I don’t say about my age, or age related issues, in any way anticipating anything but, at a certain time of life, we cannot assume too much.

Top of my list, albeit a very short list, is my passion for the lost in whatever shape, form, or condition they currently find themselves. Millions are presently going to hell rather quickly and I want to pluck as many of them as possible into God’s Kingdom before He returns for His Bride.

No comments:

Post a Comment