Thursday 1 November 2012

Can Prophecy Repeat Itself?



Can Prophecy Repeat Itself?

“Look at the nations and watch—and be utterly amazed. For I am going to do something in your days that you would not believe, even if you were told.” Habakkuk 1:5

I was simply minding my own business at home today when I noticed my wife’s Bible open at Habakkuk. I had a quick glance and this verse stood out like a huge flag – like a royal standard so’s to speak. This is not the first time I have received this verse and I wondered if prophecy can repeat itself, perhaps according to the different seasons in our lives?

Yet the Lord seemed to say this, “Warn my people. Tell them I am coming. Tell them there is a season of ‘signs and wonders’ coming that they will not believe until they actually see it with their own eyes. Faithless generation. What do I, the Lord, have to do to convince you that there is a change coming to you? Are the signs in the heavens not enough? Are the wars and rumours of wars not enough? Are the earthquakes and storms not enough? They have been prophesied over you for centuries, yet still you do not know Me. Still you do not believe.”

“Tell this faithless generation that the day of the Lord is approaching. Like Jonah at Nineveh, destruction is near for your sin is great – your iniquity seals you. Repent and be saved, but do not be like Nineveh and return to your sins as “a dog returns to its vomit”.

People of God, take note, take heed. The Word of God does not lie any more than God Himself lies. He is visiting us soon with perhaps the final round of signs and wonders such that we will not be able to believe or comprehend. Such is the magnitude of our heavenly Father’s desire that we should listen to Him.

The Day of the Lord is truly at hand – right now.  Today, tomorrow, who knows when – only the Father knows when. But first a season of perhaps final signs and wonders.

He who has ears . . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment