Friday 23 November 2012

Melt me, mould me, fill me, use me



Melt me, mould me, fill me, use me

I am getting quite irascible in my old age. I never have been one to suffer fools gladly, if at all, but I am growing sick and tired of seeing all the dreadful sin and deception in the world. I just want to confront it with the Name of Jesus every time it raises its ugly head.

Actually, I am getting quite confrontational about it all. I want to confront poverty. I want to confront addiction – alcohol or drugs or abuse – any addiction. I want to confront bad language even though my own is not perfect at times. I want to confront bad manners, especially in children. Are there no standards any longer? I want to confront injustice and poverty and corruption – even though I might as well head-butt a brick wall.

I have known for some time that the Lord is ‘gentling’ me. He is taking my prayer literally when I pray, “Break my heart for what breaks Yours”. It is all part of my surrendering to Him, lessening of me so that only He may be seen – not me. Dying to self is an easy prayer to pray; a hard prayer to practice; and a chastening and humbling prayer to mean and learn.

I am inspired by lives given so totally to God that I can no longer see the human, I can only see the divine. I can no longer see man’s will, I can only see God’s will being done here on earth as it is in heaven. In the words of the song

“Melt me, mould me, fill me, use me,
Spirit of the living God, fall afresh on me.”

Will you pray this with me, I wonder?

No comments:

Post a Comment