Tuesday 27 November 2012

Who is my Neighbour



Who is My Neighbour?

Love your neighbour as yourselves?

This is what it means to me – in theory and in practice too

·        Seek the hidden, the hurt, the disadvantaged, and the sick
·        Look for the old and infirm, the lonely, and the friendless
·        Touch the untouchable
·        Hold the uncared for
·        Love the unlovable
·        Heal the hurting
·        Reach the unreachable
·        Plunder Hell to Populate heaven
·        Free the bound
·        Deliver the Lost
·        Baptise the delivered
·        Make disciples

I remember ministering in Spain in a gypsy church. The first miracle was that their pastor announced that I was to be allowed to lay hands on everyone present, including the women. You don’t usually touch the gypsy women – that really is a big no no. Then, after the altar call, two elderly gypsy men came forward. HUGE guys – six feet high and wide – the kind you pray not to meet on a dark night. Rough, gruff, and fearsome looking. My interpreter even backed off. The Lord urged me to hug them! My interpreter moved further away. I held my arms wide and called them over – they fell weeping onto my shoulders. I even gave them a wee kiss – and they wept some more. No-one had EVER shown them love before. Fear – yes, even terror at the sight of these two old “enforcers” walking towards them, but love? Never. Those two gentle old saints wept quietly as they gave their lives to the Lord and I wept with them – as did a few people around us.

These are the people I want to minister to; who I want to bring into God’s kingdom. Did Jesus not die for these as well?

No comments:

Post a Comment