Friday 30 November 2012

Tired of being luke-warm



I am tired

I am tired and ashamed of being a half-hearted Christian. I have been here, in this place, for too long and I want to change my life – make it count for Jesus.

I am sick and tired of all the gossiping, grumbling, complaining, and dissatisfaction in the church – my church, your church, every single church. I am guilty the same as everybody else and I want to change the atmosphere in there.

I am tired of any Christian television channel that caters more for entertainment and ‘good time meetings’ than it does for the Gospel.

I am tired of listening to preachers who preach a soft gospel. Those who preach prosperity. Those who preach ‘easy come, easy go’. Those who preach with no passion for the lost.

I am tired of ME being such a willing part of a church that has grown luke-warm in its comfortable smug self-satisfaction. “Don’t make waves” seems to be the order of the day rather than “I want to get out of the boat and make a splash as I at least try to walk on water.”

I am tired of a church that hears from God then only does a half-hearted job, not even believing it can do the whole job it is called to do. Do we not know; have we not learnt that God makes a way for everything He asks us to do for Him?

I challenge myself and I challenge you today – every person reading this page – I challenge you.

·        Raise your faith level – it is too low and it shows.
·        Pray with expectant belief not half hearted hope.
·        Promise yourself and God to bring just ONE new person to church if not to faith in Jesus Christ next year.
·        Do something for God that He wants you to do for Him. If you don’t know what that is, then ask Him.
·        Find out what God is calling you to do and ask for His help to DO it.

Whatever God’s will is for you – Just Do It.

No comments:

Post a Comment