Tuesday 12 March 2013

Don't Give Up



Dont Give Up

I recently heard a message broadcast on our local Christian radio. The recording was made by our pastor who is a great motivator and visionary. He spoke briefly – about 4 or 5 minutes – about a song or musician that had inspired him for whatever reason but what came through to me was the message from his chosen song. That message was, “Don’t give up your vision from God.”  I have listened to the broadcast several times now and I am inspired by that simple message

·        Wm Booth, founder of the Salvation Army, never once even thought of giving up his God-given vision to a more practical Christianity.

·        Billy Graham, the first real big event evangelist, never gave up whatever the results and difficulties that came his way.

·        Reinhard Bonnke, the first multi-million person crusade evangelist, has never given up. In fact he is passing the mantle to his chosen successor.

·        David Wilkerson, worked among the street gangs of New York. His vision for them resulted in Teen Challenge now in many countries around the world.

·        My pastor, a classically trained musician and song writer, dreamed of a Christian worship and music academy – he has never looked back on that. Neither has he given up on God’s promise to him for these present days.

Me – I have vision for our church, our town, and our people. It is the Lords vision given to me. Who am I to say to God, “I give it up and back to you.”? Who am I to refuse God’s tasking of me? No, after listening to my pastors words, I am freshly inspired and anointed to press in and do that which God has given and entrusted to me to do.

“As for me and my house, we WILL serve the Lord.”

No comments:

Post a Comment