Thursday 21 March 2013

What is Happening ??



What’s Happening?

Oh my, oh my. Powerful praise and worship, deep almost intercessory praying in the meeting, words of knowledge and of prophecy, long drawn out ‘pregnant’ silences –  even a “Thus saith the Lord” moment - what’s happening? All of this on the day our pastoral team from 1969 (!!) decides to pay us a visit. As a background to this, there is feet-washing, a realisation of the paucity of our faith, a hunger for God’s Word and words from God, and a total yearning for all of the joy of the baptism in the Holy Spirit. Coincidence? I think not.

This has been just Saturday’s experience and last Sunday morning’s meeting at our church – the last 24 hours for just one couple, us, in our church. Experiences shared with others but not common to all. The common denominator seemed to be us. Certainly we know that the Lord is opening doors for us – enlarging our tent as it were, expanding our ministry. But this is NOT about us. We are involved, and I can only relate this from my own perspective. I wouldn’t dare try to presume God’s perspective in all of this, so all I can do is call it the way I see it.

The Church at large is in the position of 2 Tim 4:3-4 “For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but according to their own desires, because they have itching ears, they will heap up for themselves teachers;  and they will turn their ears away from the truth, and be turned aside to fables.” All sorts of apostasy and heresy are rampant in the church right now and the words of Amos 8:11 are true “Behold, the days are coming,” says the Lord God, “That I will send a famine on the land, Not a famine of bread, Nor a thirst for water, But of hearing the words of the Lord.”

Many seem now to be seeking the Lords face again, instead of His hand. I would like to think that we are among that number. Whatever our status, I do believe we are a representative microcosm of a forward thinking and faithful part of the church that truly is expectant for a move of God in these days. Some, even many of you will echo that sentiment – but what does it all mean and what is going on?

I believe the Lord is preparing parts of His church to prepare the whole of His church, His Bride, for the wedding feast of the Lamb. I believe He is preparing to manifest His power in such ways as are undeniable throughout His Kingdom here on earth – that His will will be done on earth, just the same as it is in heaven. I believe there is what I can only describe as a new Kingdom age coming that will herald end-time happenings such as revival, signs and wonders as we have never seen before and, (almost) of course, the Rapture.

If this makes sense enough for you to be willing to agree with me, then say “Amen” and join me in prayer for it to happen sooner rather than later.

No comments:

Post a Comment