Saturday 23 March 2013

Recharge Your Batteries



Recharge Your Batteries

It’s nearly Spring !! Still cold, but beautiful sunny days when you just want to get your walking boots on and get out there into the open air. A time maybe to recharge your batteries? After months of being weather-bound and staying out of the weather, we love to get out into the weather once again soak up some sunshine. Psychologically, for us, there is nothing like getting the sun on our backs to charge us up and make us feel good.

That’s how we do it in the physical. We get some sun on our backs. So, how about the spiritual? How do we recharge our spiritual batteries? How do we get the Son on our backs?

To me, this is a matter of the heart above everything else. God knows our hearts. That which the Word says is deceitful above all things – that He knows better than we know ourselves. Tell the Lord where you are – knowing His sense of humour with me, He will tell you right back where you really are – and that can be quite sobering on its own. Relax in His presence. Play some good soaking music  and just – well – soak in Him. Repent of anything He shows you but also repent meaning what you say. Trpouble is that many have never repented – confessed, renounced, and turned away – from anything in their lives. Perhaps we all need to do this more often.

Psalm 139:23-24 “Search me, God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.”
Psalm 51:10-12 “Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Do not cast me from your presence or take your Holy Spirit from me. Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me.”

Yes – that’s the way to charge your batteries. Fill me with Your Spirit, Lord. Let me linger in Your wonderful presence. Restore the joy of my salvation.

Way to go !!

No comments:

Post a Comment