Monday 11 March 2013

Soon We Shall See Him



Soon We Will See Him

“Soon and very soon - We are going to see the King
Soon and very soon - We are going to see the King
Soon and very soon - We are going to see the King
Hallelujah, hallelujah, - We're going to see the king”

I wonder, when Andrae Crouch wrote these words, if He saw Jesus return in the clouds? I wonder, when Mercyme wrote “I can only imagine”, if they saw what they wrote in a vision.

“Surrounded by Your glory, what will my heart feel
Will I dance for you Jesus or in awe of you be still
Will I stand in your presence or to my knees will I fall
Will I sing hallelujah, will I be able to speak at all
I can only imagine.”

A moment in time is coming when there will be one of those theatrical moments – fanfare of trumpets; loud chorus from an unseen choir; pregnant pause chock full of anticipation  . . . . . then Jesus appears in the clouds and we are suddenly swept up to meet with Him.

Well – can you imagine?

If I have any problem at all, it is that I have an incredibly fertile imagination. So, I don’t have any trouble at all imagining all of these things. In fact, I believe it is my prophetic side that is so readily receptive to anything the Lord has to say. When I spend any time alone with Him – I do this whenever I am writing – I seem to say, “Show me.” And He frequently does. I was taught by my prophetic mentor that God always has something to say if we ask Him to just talk to us. He talks to me about the return.

This is why I am so fired up about Jesus return. This is why I so often write about it, and about getting ready; being prepared; and so on. There is no doubt about it – Jesus is coming again – SOON. And when He does, all your plans, all your agendas, all your denominations, all your different theologies, doctrines, and teachings – both true and false – will be thrown out of the window in the light of His eternal truth.

Do you not now see the need for a bit of awe striking envisioning; a few moments of vivid imagining; in order to prepare us for standing before Him in outrageous love, compassion, and worship. This is going to be the moment God’s eternal plans come to fruition; the moment when, for us, time is swept away; the glorious unimaginable moment of such joy, praise, and worship as we cannot even begin to imagine.

It is also going to be a sobering moment as we leave so many behind – and have to account for that fact. The moment when, for those who remain behind, the man of iniquity is revealed, when the great tribulation and the great deception begin.

I don’t know about you but I don’t want to miss the first trip, called the rapture. I don’t want to be left behind.

So don’t miss out – get yourself, and those you love, ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment