Wednesday 17 April 2013

God's View



God’s View

I have a vision of a vast line of people. They are waiting for something. It’s like a huge queue. It stretches for a very long way - round the corner and out of sight. I can’t see the end of it. People seem happy as the queue edges forward. They chat amongst themselves – to the people around them as well as their companions.

Something’s not quite right. There are odd looking folk riding motorbikes up and down the queue. The riders are laughing at the queue. Not at all right. I seem able to move around so I start to move to the head of the queue. There I see a large opening. People are happily wandering through it – quite unconcerned and apparently happy. I quickly realise what is happening. These are the doors of Hell and no-one seems the least concerned about entering. The bikers are those appointed to ensure that as few as possible escape. Very few try.

I hear the Lord speaking. His voice is so sad. “They don’t know. They don’t care. They are lost and they don’t even know it.” Then His voice changes a little, “What are they doing over here?” I notice we have moved and I am looking down upon church after church after church. They are having a great time but their doors are closed.

I started to weep as I remembered the words of the song, “Break my heart for what breaks yours.” The Lord is weeping over His church. “Why don’t they do something? Do they not care either?” I get the impression He is unimpressed. We move on. The scene changes again and I see soup kitchens by the score. “Who are they, Lord?” I venture to ask. “These are those willing to feed the poor – especially the poor in spirit.” He seems a little happier now.

We come to some tents, a few small encampments. Thousands mill around them laughing and dancing. Men patrol the perimeter of each camp picking people and taking them away. “These are where my commandments are obeyed. These are they who are faithful through persecution; who grow despite their difficulties; who have nothing yet give me everything.”

As the vision closed, I heard Him say, “Call My church to give their all. Call them to endure. Call them to persevere. Call them to seek the lost; feed the orphans and widows; heal the sick; release the prisoners. Call them to take up their cross once again and joyfully follow me.”

What say you church?

No comments:

Post a Comment