Thursday 4 April 2013

One Thousand



One Thousand

I had a word yesterday, Easter Sunday. The word was very short, sharp, and to the point.

"One Thousand"

That's all I said yet both men I spoke to understood the same thing. After the Easter morning celebration, a friend approached me and asked, “What is the word then?” He meant and was asking, “What is God saying to you for us here?” Without a pause, I replied, “1000” Both of us, apparently, looked startled. Then I said that I needed to share that with Pastor.

I sought him out and told him what happened and what the word was. We both understood the same thing – that he would be growing the church to around 1000 people. It could not possibly be in the building they currently use as that would be far too small but it will grow to 1000 people. I don’t think it was a totally new word – more a confirmation. All he said was “Wow!” – the same word as used by the first man I shared with. Then he added, “Praise God. Thank you – I will hold that close to me.”

The thing about this word was that it was immediate. In no way did I think about it – it just came and I spoke it out without a moments hesitation. That was why I was as surprised as the man I spoke to and it is also why we both understood the truth of the word without any explanation nor confirmation.

Its funny isn’t it, most people think a prophetic word takes a while to speak out, to understand, and to inwardly digest. But when Holy Spirit delivers that word through us, we instantly understand all the meaning and nuances of the word. Just one word – and Holy Spirit opens our eyes and ears to what He is saying to us. It is simply amazing.

The point is that a prophecy doesn’t have to be a long wordy intercourse, interspersed with scriptures or any other confirming words or words of explanation. A single prophetic word can carry more meaning, delivered to the right person, at the right time, than a book.

When the Word of God is given or otherwise comes to you, the real point is that you know what it means and you understand it – even though you may be at a complete loss as to How it may be achieved.

As they say – thus saith the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment